ENGAGE WITH INSPIRATIONAL ATHLETES TO CHANGE 1 THING FOR PEOPLE WITH LEARNING DISABILITY!
The United Kingdom Sports Association (UKSA) for People with Learning Disability is campaigning actively to challenge misconceptions, tear down social-economic barriers, and harness the vast wealth potential among people with learning disability through a series of workshops across England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
Additionally UKSA is promoting its ‘Change 1 Thing’ Campaign, which encourages everybody to raise awareness of learning disability and to stimulate others, including decision makers, to change.
We believe that people with learning disability can succeed, given the right environment. That doesn’t just go for sport either, but also employment, education and each and every walk of life.
- 1 in 2 people with learning disability would like to take part in more physical activity, but face a raft of social barriers preventing participation.
- Of 23 events to be held at this year’s Paralympic Games in Rio, only 3 will include people with learning disability
- Less than 1 in 5 people with learning disability are in employment in the UK
- Just 1 in 3 people with learning disability are in education or training
- 65% of people with learning disability want to work
By attending an Engage! Workshop, you will gain:
- An invaluable insight into proven communication models that really work, and have an opportunity to network with like minded individuals and organisations
- Receive invaluable communication tips and techniques from British athletes themselves
- Receive tailored advice from our expert tutors and receive a toolkit with tips on accessible communication techniques for you and your organisation.
- Learn how else UKSA can help you or your organisation to better engage people with learning disability; whether in business, organisations or sport, as employees, volunteers, participants or customers, or simply on a day to day basis.
If we all know how to effectively engage and include people with learning disability, we will make a massive difference in their lives both in and out of sport, and throughout the UK economy as a whole.
Places are strictly limited, so don’t miss out – book without delay and put your organisation at the forefront of god practise.
Workshops are taking place in the following towns and cities and places can be booked by clicking on the links below:
- Loughborough with Marcel Hodge and Martina Barber – Wednesday 27 April 2016 (read the Loughborough workshop brochure for more information)
- Manchester with Peter Millar and Chris Edwards – Thursday 28 April 2016 (read the Manchester workshop brochure for more information)
- Swansea with Jack Thomas and Jonny Gale – Tuesday 3 May 2016 (read the Swansea workshop brochure for more information)
- Free online webinar with Robert Ferrol (previously Belfast) – Thursday 2 June 2016 (read the webinar brochure for more information).
We want to make every effort to accommodate any access requirements our attendees may have. When booking, please ensure you provide details – the earlier you let us know, the more likely we will be able to fulfil any access requirements.
For more information about any of our workshops, email: email@example.com or call 0207 490 3057.
View photos from our Engage! Glasgow Workshop on Facebook.
UKSA is delighted to be able to deliver its workshop programme with the support of our My Sport, My Voice! funding partner Spirit of 2012, a trust set up to sustain the spirit and opportunities from the London 2012 Games, and UKSA Partners Scottish Disability Sport, English Federation of Disability Sport, Disability Sport Wales and Disability Sport NI.